- Not allowing numbers like size or weight set my self-worth
- Feeding it nutrients
- Listening to when it’s hungry, full, tired, etc.
- Moving it with fun physical activities that are either heart-pumping or relaxing
- Pampering it!
- Getting enough sleep
- Putting it in clothes that feel good
- Being grateful for what my body does for me on a regular basis
- NEVER criticizing it
- Seeing the doctor regularly
Opportunities for you to get involved:
- A speaker is available to schools in the lower mainland area presenting on eating disorders, disordered eating, self-esteem, resiliency and body image (for grades 6/7 - grade 12).
- There are free 'Love our bodies, Love ourselves' wristbands for residents of BC (quantities are limited, first come, first served)
- 'Like' us on Facebook on the official Love Our Bodies, Love Ourselves page: every day we post positive messages, affirmations, quotes, articles, etc. promoting a positive body image and healthy self-esteem
- Participate in the flash mob contest and bring awareness to the public on how to Love Our Bodies, Love Ourselves. Entry deadline is May 1st, 2013. Prizes to be won!