- Notice how each and every one has a unique face and figure.
- Isn’t it possible that while you are wishing you could look like that person, there’s a person over here who is wishing she could look like you?
- Keep in mind that although someone may appear, on the surface, to be quite beautiful and to have it all together, you can’t assume that the person whose body you admire is any happier or more successful than you.
- Remind yourself that you don’t know how hard she/he works at that appearance or what unhealthy behaviours she/he may be struggling with as well.
- Picture yourself at 80 years old. What will you look like then? How will your body feel? What would your 80-year-old self want you to feel at this moment in time? I’m sure it would want you to enjoy your youth: the strength and flexibility that allows you to dance and play sports with energy and exuberance.
- While you are comparing yourself to everyone else, your life is happening; be here now and make the most of it!
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Amy's Body Image Tips! #8
Comparing is a difficult habit to break because it’s natural to observe others when they come into our environment. So, how can we hone in on this and make it less destructive to our self-esteem? Here are some tips you might want to try out!
What are some of YOUR tips to help stop comparing?